At Blessed Smiles Dentistry, it is our mission to provide your family with affordable, high-quality treatment. For that reason, we offer a variety of options to meet your financial needs. We thoroughly explain your options, so that we can accommodate your needs.
We accept most insurances and will submit your claims to your plan provider for you. Please come prepared with the name of your provider and all relevant information to make the submissions as seamless as possible.
For your convenience, at Blessed Smiles Dentistry, we accept cash, Visa and MasterCard. Please contact us today to schedule your next consultation or appointment. We look forward to hearing from you!
Blessed Smiles Dentistry accepts most dental insurance. Please call our Alexandria dental office for details. Dental insurance can be confusing, but we’ll make it easy for you. Simply bring your card or claim into our office, or call to speak with our friendly insurance assistant. We’ll be happy to tell you what your insurance will cover and file your claim for you.
- Dental insurance is diverse. Some policies cover only a small percentage of fees, while others cover 50 percent or greater. The more you or your employer pays for premiums, the better the coverage, in most cases.
- For the most part, dental insurance covers preventive procedures, including annual X-rays, two cleanings and checkups per year, and fluoride treatments at 100 percent. Restorative care, such as fillings, crowns, replacement teeth, orthodontics, etc. are partially covered.
- Cosmetic treatment is not covered. To help with this problem, we work with third party financing companies to make dentistry affordable for virtually all of our patients.
- Most dental insurances also carry a “missing tooth clause.” The clause states that your insurance will not pay for replacement of a tooth or teeth that were missing before your policy began. Our third party financing companies can help you afford dental implants, partials, dentures, or bridgework.
- Your benefits are probably based on “usual, customary, and reasonable fees.” These fees may not accurately reflect the cost of our services. We are not a clinic, and we offer many luxuries and technologies to make your dental care experience comfortable. We invest time with each of our patients. To us, you are a person, not a number or a chart. Our dentists and our team invest in more continuing education than is required so that we can bring you the best dental care possible. The fees considered reasonable and customary by your insurance provider probably do not reflect the type of care and service we consider standard.
- Your “yearly maximum” is the amount your insurance company will pay in a calendar year. Usually, the amount is $1000. If you do not use all of your yearly maximum before December 31st, you lose it. Each new calendar year, your maximum will fund again.
- If your insurance provider does not pay their estimated portion, we will bill you for the balance. However, our insurance specialist will provide all paperwork, charts, X-rays, and photos necessary to optimize your benefits when we file your claim.
We also offer the Blessed Smiles Plan, an annual program that gives our patients savings on preventative dental treatments. The cost is $300 per year to join and covers a selection of dental treatments including exams, cleanings, bitewing x-rays, and fluoride.
The services covered in this plan are preventive. By having a solid foundation in this area of dentistry, restorative work lasts longer and gum disease is monitored and controlled. Enrollment in the plan gives you a built-in motivational device for seeking a dental checkup twice a year. Please let us know if you are interested in joining.